Statement on processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) No. 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) (hereinafter referred to as the “GDPR”).
The company European National Panels s.r.o., Company ID No.: 24309427, with registered office at Štěpánská 611/14, 110 00 Prague 1, Czech Republic, (hereinafter also referred to as the “Operator” or “Panel”) declares that all personal data that it processes for the purpose of market research and business activity is considered strictly confidential and is handled in accordance with the applicable legal provisions in the area of personal data protection. In accordance with Article 12 of the GDPR, the Operator informs you about the processing of your personal data and about your rights.
The companies owning the Operator (Nielsen Admosphere, a.s., Company ID No.: 26241226, with registered office at Českobratrská 2778/1, 130 00 Prague 3, Czech Republic; NMS Market Research s.r.o., Company ID No.: 25749315, with registered office at U Nikolajky 1070/13, 150 00 Prague 5, Czech Republic; STEM/MARK, a.s., Company ID No.: 61859591, with registered office at Smrčkova 2485/4, 180 00 Prague 8, Czech Republic – hereinafter referred to as the “Partners”). The Operator and its owners are members of SIMAR organisation (Association of Market and Public Opinion Research Agencies). All activities of the Operator, including the processing of personal data, are carried out in accordance with the ICC/ESOMAR industry codes, SIMAR rules and company directives.
- The European National Panels s.r.o. company is the operator of online panels for market research and sociological research, mediating the participation of respondents in research on various topics to respondents (panel members) and its clients (research sponsors). In particular, we mediate participation in online questionnaires. To a limited extent, in telephone surveys and personal interviews.
- In the case of our potential, current clients and partners, the controller of personal data is the European National Panels s.r.o. company.
- The controller’s contact details are European National Panels s.r.o., Štěpánská 611/14 110 00 Prague 1, Czech Republic, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, i.e. a person we know about or who we can specifically identify.
- We always try to restrict the processing of personal data to the lowest level possible. Our technical and organizational processes are set up to protect your privacy in accordance with the GDPR, applicable legislation and ethical industry rules.
- The processing of personal data is carried out at the registered office of the Operator by our employees (on the basis of an employment contract, agreement or other form of cooperation), or by other processors. Only those employees or other processors who necessarily need it for the performance of job duties or for the fulfilment of our instructions have access to personal data. The processing takes place using computer technology (especially statistical, office and accounting software, or the Operator’s own applications), or in a manual manner in case of personal data in paper form, while observing all security principles for the administration and processing of personal data. For this purpose, the Operator has taken technical and organizational measures to ensure the protection of personal data, in particular measures to prevent unauthorized or arbitrary access to personal data, its change, destruction or loss, unauthorized transfers, its unauthorized processing, as well as other misuse of personal data. All entities to whom the personal data may be disclosed shall respect the right of subjects to privacy protection and are obliged to proceed in accordance with the applicable legal regulations regarding personal data.
- Personal data is not transferred to a third country (i.e., outside the EU) or to an international organisation.
II.Scope and Categories of the Processed Personal Data
- The Panel mainly processes your identification and contact personal data:
a) that you have provided to it or personal data that it has obtained on the basis of your inquiry,
a) that you have provided to it or personal data that it has obtained on the basis of your order,
c) that is necessary for the performance of a contract.
- In some cases, the Panel collects information from visitors to its website using automated technologies (e.g., the use of web server logs to collect IP addresses and cookies).
III. Legal Basis for the Processing of Personal Data and the Purpose of Processing
- The Panel processes your personal data on the basis of the following legal grounds:
a) performance of a contract between you and the Panel,
b) legitimate interest of the Panel in the provision of the direct marketing (in particular, for sending commercial communications and newsletters)
c) your consent to processing for the purpose of providing direct marketing in case no order of services has been placed,
d) your consent to routine analyses of website traffic and the detection of possible website errors,
e) legitimate interest of the Panel in keeping internal statistics,
f) your consent to targeted advertising.
- The Panel processes your personal data for the following purposes:
a) response to your inquiry sent through the inquiry form or by e-mail,
b) processing of your order and exercising the rights and obligations arising from the contractual relationship between you and the Panel,
c) sending commercial communications and conducting other marketing activities,
d) internal overviews and statistics on the business activity of the Panel,
e) analysis of the website traffic,
f) targeted advertising (retargeting).
|Legal ground||Purpose of processing||Processed data||Data source|
|Performance of a contract||Response to your inquiry sent through the inquiry form/e-mail||Name and surname, work phone number, work e-mail, job title, company name||Inquiry form/e-mail (data provided by the data subject)|
|Performance of a contract||Order execution||Name and surname, work phone number, work e-mail, job title, company name||Information from orders (data provided by the data subject)|
|Legitimate interest||Provision of the direct marketing (in particular, for sending commercial communications and newsletters)||Name and surname, Work e-mail||Information from orders|
|Legitimate interest||Internal overviews and statistics on the business activity||Name and surname, work phone number, work e-mail, job title, company name||Information from inquiries/orders|
|Consent||Provision of the direct marketing (in particular, for sending commercial communications and newsletters)||Name and surname, Work e-mail||Information from inquiries (in case of unrealised inquiries)|
|Consent||Routine analysis of the web traffic, detection of server errors and prevention of frauds and attacks on the server||IP addresses and web browsing data, pages viewed and actions on the page, cookies||User movement on the website, displaying a page with an error|
|Consent||Targeted advertising (retargeting)||IP addresses, information about the browser and web browsing data, cookies||View of specific pages on the website|
- The following types of cookies are used on the website of the Panel:
a) technical cookies – they are necessary for the correct technical functionality of the website, without them the website would not work, therefore their use does not require the consent;
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||This cookie, set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin, is used to record the user’s consent to cookies in the “Necessary” category.||1 year|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||This cookie, set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin, is used to record the user’s consent to cookies in the “Functional” category.||1 year|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||This cookie, set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin, is used to record the user’s consent to cookies in the “Performance” category.||1 year|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||This cookie, set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin, is used to record the user’s consent to cookies in the “Analytics” category.||1 year|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-advertisement||This cookie, set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin, is used to record the user’s consent to cookies in the “Advertisement” category.||1 year|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||This cookie, set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin, is used to record the user’s consent to cookies in the “Others” category.||1 year|
|auth cookie (Čenda)||authentication of the logged in user||1 hour|
b) preference cookies – these are the cookies that allow the website to remember information that changes how the website looks like or behaves (e.g. appearance, language settings, etc.);
|wpml_browser_redirect_test||This cookie is set by the WPML WordPress plugin and is used to test whether cookies are enabled in the browser.||session|
|_icl_visitor_lang_js||This cookie is stored by the WPML WordPress plugin. The purpose of the cookie is to store the redirected language.||1 day|
c) analytical/statistical cookies – these cookies collect information about how you use the website and serve to improve it and detect errors;
|_ga||The _ga cookie, installed by the Google Analytics service, calculates data about visitors, sessions, and campaigns, and also tracks web usage for an analytic overview of the website. The cookie stores information anonymously and assigns a randomly generated number to identify unique visitors.||2 years|
|_gid||The _gid cookie installed by the Google Analytics service stores information about how visitors use the website and at the same time creates an analytical report on the performance of the website. Some of the data that is collected includes the number of visitors, their source, and the pages they visit anonymously.||1 day|
|_gat_gtag_UA_49990309_6||Set by the Google browser to distinguish users.||1 minute|
Detailed information about the Google Analytics can be found at the following links:
d) marketing/ advertising cookies – they are used to track the behaviour of visitors on the website with the intention of displaying targeted advertising according to their behaviour so that it is relevant and interesting for them.
|Google Ads||evaluation of campaigns||30 days|
IV. Data Retention Period
- The Panel retains the personal data:
a) for the period as is strictly necessary to ensure mutual rights and obligations arising from a contract or research project, and the assertion of the rights arising from these contractual relations, no longer than 5 years from the last joint research project,
b) for the period until the consent to the processing of personal data for marketing purposes is revoked, for a maximum of 5 years,
c) in the case of analysis of the website traffic and targeted advertising for a period as is strictly necessary.
- Following the expiry of the period for the retention of the personal data, the Panel shall delete the personal data.
V. Transfer of Personal Data
- The Panel shall always try to limit the transfer of personal data to the lowest extent possible. In some cases, however, personal data is transferred to the following recipients:
a) other processors (see VI. Other processors),
c) our partners,
d) state and other authorities within the framework of the fulfilment of legal obligations, if so provided by the relevant legal regulations.
VI. Other Processors
- The Panel uses the following additional processors:
a) communication platform providers (e-mail, calendar, document sharing),
b) providers of web analytics services (e.g. Google Analytics),
c) providers of accounting services (accounting, finance, invoicing),
d) providers of IT services, technical support, maintenance.
VII. Your Rights Regarding Personal Data
- The right of access to personal data:
a) First of all, you have the right to obtain confirmation from us as to whether or not the personal data concerning you is processed by us. If we process your personal data, you have the right to request information about this processing free of charge at any time (in particular, the identification of the controller and processor, or other processors; information about the purposes of processing, the category of personal data concerned, the recipients or categories of recipients of personal data and the period for which the personal data will be processed and stored; all available information about the source of personal data; whether the processing is based on the legitimate interest of the controller or a third party; information whether automated decision-making, including profiling, takes place).
- Right to rectification
a) If you find out that the personal data we process about you is not up to date, you have the right to request that it be updated, corrected or supplemented.
- Right to Object
a) If you believe that we process your personal data in violation of applicable legislation, you can object to this processing and ask us for an explanation, request that we remedy the situation, in particular you can request the blocking, correction, completion or deletion of personal data.
b) You can submit all requests by e-mail at email@example.com
c) Your right is to object to the processing of personal data at the competent supervisory authority. Alternatively, you can contact the supervisory authority operating in the place where the Panel is located, which is the Office for Personal Data Protection, Pplk. Sochora 727/27, 170 00 Prague 7.
- Right to erasure and withdrawal of consent
a) You can withdraw your consent to the processing of personal data that you have provided to us at any time, in such case your personal data will be deleted.
b) The right to erasure does not apply to personal data that we need to comply with legal obligations or to protect our legitimate interests.
c) Your personal data will also be deleted if it is no longer needed for a research project or further cooperation, or if its storage is inadmissible for other statutory reasons, or if your objection to the processing of your personal data is assessed as being justified.
- Right to restriction of processing
a) You have the right to ask us to restrict processing in the event that you believe that the personal data we have about you is inaccurate, the processing does not take place in accordance with applicable legislation, we no longer need the personal data for the research project and in the event that you raise an objection and its assessment is ongoing.
- Right to data portability
a) In the event that you have given us your consent to the processing of personal data, or the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract or for the implementation of the measures taken prior to the conclusion of a contract and the processing is carried out by automated means, you have the right to ask us to provide you with the personal data that we store about you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Right not to be part of automated individual decision-making, including profiling
You have the right not to be subject to any decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects for you or similarly significantly affects you.
This does not apply if you give your consent to automated decision-making, including profiling, if it is necessary for the conclusion of a contract, or if it is permitted by law.
However, there is no processing of personal data based on automated processing, including profiling, which would have legal effects for you.
In case you have any additional questions, do not hesitate to contact us. Likewise, if you wish to exercise any of your rights.
This internal regulation comes into effect on 14.7.2022 and enters into force on the same date.